Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Avoiding Sleep

     So I really should be sleeping right now since I'm incredibly behind on it. I will never catch up on my sleep, but I felt the need to try to sort through these realizations I had while I was, if we're honest here, the shower. I'm probably not alone, but I do some of my most in depth thinking in the shower, and most always return from ShowerWorld with some new epitome. I was thinking a little about age, and how there are so many things come with getting older.

   I, personally, remember being a much younger me. I remember knowing just enough to think to myself all of the ways I would and wouldn't be. I recall, quite vividly, having my life planned out to a 'T' at the age of about 12. I had my wedding, sweet 16, graduation, kids' names, and pretty much any other aspect of my life you could imagine down to the letter of how it was going to be. The funny thing is looking back just a few short years later at how close minded I was and a little naive to think that I could plan that kind of stuff out. Planning the way you'll be before you grow up is such a crazy thing to do. I am nowhere near the person I thought I would be at this age, but I like to surprise myself. Sometimes, I wish I could go back in time,turn back the clock, and tell myself what would happen, but then I take it back, because that sucks all of the fun out of living! Part of living life is the mystery of not knowing! I wish, sometimes, that I could meet the older me, or maybe the much younger me. I wish that I could ask them questions and get them to tell me stories, just to see the way my perspective has changed over the years.
    This is a really short post, and I'm not sure if you could relate. I just thought I would try to sort this out.

 think about it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment