Thursday, December 2, 2010

Nobody Likes a Grinch

Well, I probably need to get a new hobby other than sitting on a certain spot in my room, cranking up the Swift/ Cyrus, typing my thoughts out on this laptop, and sending them into cyberspace for the world to read. I don’t quite understand the amazing joy I get out of finally being able to read my thoughts on a page, and knowing that all around the world people relate with my thought bubble and me. Maybe I’m just too easily amused, and will get a kick out of the simplest things. Perhaps I just appreciate the ‘little things’ in life. It’s possible that I look at things in a different way. It’s quite possible that I’ve grown up in my thinking over the years.
            Have you ever met those people that find the negative in anything they do?  They could be in the finest hotel in Paris, and complain about the way the croissants are shaped. They could have everything their little heart could ever want, but they still, somehow, want more? They could have the most wonderful life, drama free and happy, but they need something to complain about, so they mess it up. These people, my friends, are pessimists. They are the most negative people, and sometimes the hardest to be around. They will always look for something to complain about. This trait is most unattractive. I’m not pulling this out of the air, I assure you.
            Christmas, for most normal humans, is the most cheerful time of the year. It marks a time of togetherness and happy. It’s a time for hope and belief to come together as you remember being the little kid you once were staying up as late as possible to catch a glimpse of Santa Claus. It’s the smell of a gingerbread candle, or chocolate chip cookies and a fireplace while you watch Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer by the light of a Christmas tree. This time of year is about mingling with your loved ones as you secretly wonder what they’ll think of the gift you spent two week’s allowance on, or having a conversation and enjoying the company of someone you only see once a year. It’s about celebrating the Most Loving Savior’s birthday.  It’s about watching it snow inside while your bundled up by a fire, sipping on hot cocoa. Christmas has so many happy things attached to its name, and to not find the littlest joy in the lovely season is completely pessimistic. Of course, that’s not the only reason to be uncomfortable around pessimists, or to not exactly want to be in their company.             
            Some pessimists, for lack of a better term, choose to be selfish. They storm around life demanding everyone to revolve their world around them. They demand you agree on everything you say, and shun you if you don’t. They must always have a story to tell about themselves to make it seem as if they have an incredibly interesting life, when they don’t. These people are poison, and will suck you into their wicked ways. They are conceited, and think of only the benefit of themselves.  They toss those who love them to the side if they disagree in the least bit. They make you afraid to stand up for yourself, to speak now, and even more afraid to think on your own. Manipulation of the mind in order to make others believe that there is no other thought process but their own. I urge you not to be this person. Don’t ever push those who care enough about you to disagree with you away. Don’t assume that they’re stupid because they have a separate thought process. Most importantly, maybe, don’t be close minded.
            I will not say I’m an angel who has never done any of this, because I make mistakes, obviously. I am a person who lives in a little town where everything gets around entirely to fast. I have been guilty of everything I ever write about. I do learn from my mistakes, though, and I know that everything happens based on a plan. I take that plan optimistically, and turn it into the best that I can make it.

Think about it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment