Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Countdown

I haven’t typed in a while, and although I may not have much to say now, I know that there are thoughts willing to pour out onto this laptop. I know that as Owl City whispers in my ear, thoughts will be provoked because so many points haven’t been made yet. I have written many posts, none of which will see the publicity of internet. I have learned so many things since I’ve written publicly; I just have to share a few of them.

  1. Everything happens for a reason. You may think “everyone knows that! DUH!”, but when you are broken, bruised, crying uncontrollably on the floor it seems to make anything but sense why a pain that intense could have a reason. Every stumbling block only makes you stronger. Earlier this month, I had what seemed like the worst confusion. I was in constant headache and cried all the time, either outwardly or inwardly. The only time I wasn’t crying in some way was in sleep, which came rarely. I tried to talk to people about it, and fix it myself. I didn’t understand that out of this terrible pain, I would benefit in the end. I learned so much about the way everything works out. Through the Peace Makers gift of hope to me, I used Him as a crutch through this time. He finally showed me that there is always a plan.  He revealed to me that there was no reason to cry. He let me know that there is a plan. And there always has been. He introduced me to a new level of writing, new friends, new understanding, new focus, and new perspective. He showed me a side of December that neither I nor Taylor Swift has seen in a while. He let me know that going back to that month in my life is unnecessary. He showed me a strength that I never thought I’d need. I realized that sometimes there aren’t words, and sometimes there are 2,226 words to describe exactly how you feel.  
  2. Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing. Sometimes, we think of things how we want to see them. We only see the way it was good. For example, I have tricked myself into missing some things in the past. I only considered the way it was good, and disregarded the way it hurt me. I didn’t remember the way it led me to believe it was one thing it definitely was not. I only believed what I wanted to believe, which caused much unneeded pain. Sometimes, people pretend to act a certain way to ‘get in good’ with you. They become your best friend, only to stab you in the back later. People are tricky. People are selfish, and I wish so badly that that’s not how it was. I wish that everyone told the truth, but that’s not life. Everyone lies, including me. We just have to look out for those wolves in the herd of sheep.
  3. Family. It’s such a stereotypical word sometimes. We only think of family being people we’re related to. Like being part of the Anderson family is a club or something, but that isn’t always the case. Family should be part of every aspect of your life. For example, I have a cheerleading family, church family, friend family, school family, and real family; they all connect together. They may be separated by labels on a page, but they’re all one. As far as I’m concerned, I don’t have friends; I have family. I care about everyone in my life so entirely much! They are always there for me, and I’m there for them. It’s a never ending cycle.
  4. Christmas. With the fabulous holiday this close, I couldn’t leave it out of this all inclusive post. It may portrayed as this gift giving holiday, but isn’t it the time that matters most. The traditions and the warm family feeling. That whole seeing-people-you-only-see-once-a-year feeling that you get only on that day. The end of an old year, and the new beginning that is fast approaching. To me, Christmas is the birth of a new hope. I love the sights, feelings, songs, smells, and pretty much everything Christmas. I love watching my little brother watch those Christmas movies that I’ve seen 5000 times, with a gleam in his eye asking “what’s about to happen?” I love the way no matter how old you get, you still can’t seem to sleep that Christmas Eve night, and you wake up extra early on that morning. It’s such a wonderful holiday.
  5. Sometimes you have to choose to be happy. It's not always the easiest choice, but it's the best. To choose to be happy takes strength. To choose to not make those around you suffer with you and to know that the suffering is only temporary takes the most strength. That choice will only help you. To choose to be happy instead of being depressed will allow you to move on 34 times quicker than if you sat in self pity for the entire month of December. It'll let you see the world from a positive view, even if it's forced. A faked laugh will soon become real if you keep it up. Choosing happiness is the hardest, best decision to make in a situations.
Of course there are many more things I could write about and include in this little countdown of things I learned while I haven’t been writing, but those are for other days; not now.

Think about it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment