Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Best I Can Come Up With

                        Writer’s Block. This feeling is the root of all evil for one trying to take advantage of the moment when they have the most opportunity. It is the most awful feeling in the world to force a thought through your head, and as you get halfway through the process the worst possible thing happens: it gets lost. The thought that you have almost formed into a complete idea for a decent blog vanishes into thin air and you not only forget which direction your train of thought was going, but you can’t remember how you got there.
It’s an extremely difficult thing to experience, so to ease the cloudiness of the headache of Writer’s Block, I massage my ears with the sound of Owl City.  As I wear the matching t-shirt, I vanish mentally to wherever Owl City’s songs decide to whisk me off to, and I’m merely writing to you from paradise. I simply send you my thoughts to wherever my mental paradise is. Have you ever had a quite like that, or been able to experience that wonderful feeling of a happy place? Although I’m not able to visit often, due to limited internet and Owl City sources, I thoroughly enjoy the time I do get to spend in this wonderful area of my mind amongst confusion. It’s a bittersweet feeling. It feels as although I don’t enjoy the feeling I’m experiencing that forces my mind to retreat to my ‘Happy Place’, it’s a lovely getaway. It’s sometimes worth the headache to be able to float away to the techno-colorful sounds of the one-man-band. Writer’s Block is a terrible disease that I happen to have as of now, and I can do nothing more than to deal with it. I could write, as my mind opens and closes rapidly, about how to accept gifts. I could mention the way an unexpected gift could be awkward, and how to cope. I could consider and write about the way I’ve cheered this past year, or I could say how I’m within the grasps of a monster. There are many topics I can mention to you, but Writer’s Block doesn’t allow me to elaborate on any of this. This is the fact that depresses me the most about his condition. But as Owl City blasts through my eardrums and relaxes my brain to the point of drowsy contentment, I can cope with this condition.  With Owl City as a passenger on the Train of Thought, I can handle its derailing. I get inspired by the happy place this man sends me to, and I could only hope that you have a ‘place’ that you visit on the worst of days, in the worst of conditions. Even if it takes something to make it happen, like me, and you can’t visit it all on your own you have one. Whether it is buried in a book, whisked away by the serenading of an artist, or smack in the middle of your favorite movie, everyone needs a happy place. We all need somewhere we can go on vacation to at all times when life gets a little too unbearable. We all need a spot to mentally retreat to when times get hard. We all need that slice of heaven.  Owl City is my ultimate happy place, what’s yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment