Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Heart Day

I love the way things never seem to go as planned; take today for a recent example. As any other Monday, I rolled lazily out of bed at 6:53 this morning, slugged down the stairs, and climbed into my designated before-school-breakfast chair.
Today, was basically supposed to be normal, with no surprises in store. Normal Monday in store, but it’s funny the way The Great Surpriser finds ways to show me that each and every day is special in its own way. In the tradition of Valentine’s Day, my favorite loves:

            Life, it’s so crazy. It’s such a whirlwind of crazy excitement, and when you can look at it the right way, it can be such a magical place. Adventure is truly around every corner, if you look at things through optimistic goggles. Sure, life gets hard sometimes, and it’s full of interruptions. That’s what makes life worth living, though, right? After all, who likes to watch a movie with only good happenings? Not me, because obstacles make things interesting.

People, I love them. They, as well, can tend to be pretty crazy. Complex thought processes, miraculous schemed physique; we were no accident. Neither are people we meet; I think experiences we have with people, even in brief doses, help to shape who we become. Whether 10 year lovers, old friends, or someone you have a conversation with on a subway, people can impact one another. Not to put out a spotlight, but since this is Valentine’s Day, a few people I love the most:
           
This first person is amazing. I am awed by her closeness with her Maker, and I have the incredible honor of knowing her. She is most beautiful, in my eyes, and can I believe she can do anything. She plays soccer like a monster. Being around her, if only for a few short moments, can result in catching her contagious smile. She finds a way to laugh about everything, and it’s truly an optimism to strive for. She was, without a doubt, the mastermind behind my Big Surprise Party back in January. Double dating with her is always fun, and we never have a dull moment while we’re in the same room. I feel as if I could trust her with the biggest secret in the world.  Incredibly trustworthy, she is, and I couldn’t ask for a better friend.

Second, but equally phenomenal, is another fabulous friend of mine. She, as well, is infinitely gorgeous and has a wonderful relationship with her Supreme Father. In the time that we’ve known each other, I feel as if we grow closer by the conversation. Our talks can range from the weather from the meaning behind “I love you”. I was so blessed to have her come into my life. She is a little behind on times; she doesn’t much watch my beloved Disney Classics. We shall change that in the immediate future though, don’t worry. She amazes me, and I thank the Great Creator for her all the time; she’s indescribable.

            My biggest fan, she always gives me hope that I will, hopefully become a writer one day. We may not talk much or often, but the conversations we do have tend to be deep. She has read some of my deepest writing, things that I may never post or publish. She, as well, is stunningly gorgeous. Her constant trust and optimism with her Leader, is strong. She is one of the closest Followers I have ever met. Her cute personality shines in all that she does, and I can’t believe that I have the privilege of calling her a friend.
Last, but not at all least, the final girl of the bunch. She is, perhaps, one of my oldest and dearest friends. I normally write her a little friendship love note on Valentine’s Day, but this, I think, will suffice. We have been through more than you could possibly imagine in the past year, but once we were ready to meet again with smiling faces, everything was the same. I think that maybe only people that the Peace Maker has decided to place together can befriend each other again in quite the same way we have. I trust her with more than I do a trusted parent, and she offers me perspective in ways that I don’t quite have the capacity to think of. She is most definitely my sister, of sorts, and on of the best sisters I could ask for. Not to mention, she is beautiful.  

            As aforementioned, I’m in awe by the ability the Great Planner has to put two people together. No question, we were placed together by Him to be lasting friends. This important figure in my life means the world to me. He’s almost like a big brother to me, and I can trust him with anything. We can talk for days upon days about nothing in particular, as well as converse about things that some people can hardly talk about with their oldest and dearest friends. He gives me a perspective quite opposite my own, and I thank the Great Planner for planning his appearance in my life. I am so thankful that he’s “waltzed into my life”. I don’t exactly know what I would do without him. He’s the best.

            My mother often has an eye for character. She can spot a great character from a mile away, as well as bad character. She never is wrong. She has picked this next person as my partner, but maybe that’s just a sign that we were meant to be friends for a lasting time. He walks with God in such a close manner that it amazes me. He gives me advice, not based on his opinion so much, as what he thinks My Creator would take pride in. He is one of my dearest and oldest friends, and he is special to my heart, as well. It’s crazy how two can betrothed be such close friends.

            Most definitely not least, I mention my boyfriend. The time we can spend in the park on a sunny afternoon exchanging conversation definitely means the world to me. There’s something to be said for relationships that are, as well, friendships. In the six months that I have had the privilege of claiming him as my boyfriend, I have known him as a friend. We find fun in everything we do, as well as talk about his endless career choices. He is thoughtful and sweet, and incredible in general. I’m starting to believe that maybe the Planner has placed us together. Perhaps forever isn’t in our future, but I definitely have learned what a relationship is supposed to look like from these six months.

Some of the closest people to my heart were just mentioned here in this very blog. Happy Valentine’s Day, my loves. You are immensely appreciated for all that you do.
            In other Valentine’s News, a love story. Taylor Swift always has the mystery of who her sparkling songs are written for. Her marvelous song “Enchanted” has left me wondering who this masterpiece was written for. Surprisingly, in the lyric booklet, the capitalized letters in the lyrics say a little more about the song, a message of sorts. Owl City’s Adam Young was decoding his dear friend, Taylor’s, album when he decoded his own name! Just then, he flashed back to the night that they met, and how enchanting it was engage in conversation with the fairytale princess. He knew that the song was for him. In a fit of surprise, he wrote a blog post to her and a reply song. The reply song was of him simply singing back to her the song “Enchanted”. Instead of word for word, however, he placed her name in it; cleverly singing “I was never in love with someone else, I never had someone waiting on me. Because you were all of my dreams come true, and I just wish you knew that, Taylor, I was so in love with you”.



No comments:

Post a Comment